Thursday, April 27, 2017

BSA324, Opening sequence, storyboard draft 1, 26-27 April, 2017


Storyboard draft 1 vimeo link







I'm no Anna Black, I'll tell you that... she did a 7 minute storyboard for BSA325 in 4 hours and I've completed one whole minute in 6 hours for my project.  
Girl tells us the problem in the first 17 seconds, then goes on to sing verse one and two while seated  on the bean bag.  This is quite static, and boring.  She could get up and dance around and then plop back down in time for it to turn into Jellybean...
Jellybean pops up for verse 3 "Gasp!  An idea you've had?  That's TOO rad!"  I been forced to use ancient 80s "rad" because I rewrote the song lyrics and there was nothing left in the rhyming dictionary and I'm also no Eminem.
The group shows up  for "you're here to help me be me?" and then falls over onto Jellybean and Girl.  They put their heads into a circle and star at the "stars and moon" of the Imagination Warehouse.  The camera goes from critter to critter and their names flash across the screen.  When the camera circles back around to introduce Girl, it pulls back to show her standing in the center of the IW.  I'm very happy that the concept art of that shot actually came in handy!  The set is something I'd like to do in Maya so I can make the assets ONCE and then move the camera around as I see fit.  Can I composite this all together in After Effects like Little Airplane Productions did with Wonderpets and Small Potatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment