Thursday, April 6, 2017

BSA303, showreel, 6-7 April, 2017

I started picking apart my animations last night and putting them into After Effects.  For the first time EVER I have taken all of the elements and copied them into a folder with the AE composition.  Progress!  They should never get lost again.

I've got clips from Art 2 Art, Speed Date, Ashes to Gold, and With Her.  I also have some movement studies from Nightmare Nursery, but I'm just not sold.  Perhaps with some additional concept art and a pan and scan, I can make it worthwhile.  I will finish up tonight and load it to vimeo so I can attach it to my website.

Update:
I've got an almost 4 minute version with a little bit of everything and a 1 minute 16 second version which is PLENTY.  I've cut out everything but selections from Art 2 Art, Speed Date, and Ashes to Gold.  That will show 2 kinds of 2D animation, 2 styles of illustration, and my 3D work.  I'll put a name plate on the front and end of it tomorrow and then I'll be set!

Update:
I put the MWC title sequence I made in VFX at the beginning, added my phone number, and now I need music.  Ugh.  It's important and, again, I've left it until the last minute.  I'm going through the free music archive and I recognize the name Gillicuddy, so I'm listening to all their stuff looking for something that fits.

springish: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/gillicuddy/Plays_Guitar/05-springish

all eventualities: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/gillicuddy/UpDown_1844/01_-_All_Eventualities


No comments:

Post a Comment