Sunday, April 23, 2017

BSA324, first draft songs, 23 April, 2017

old theme song lyrics
One day Klohwii's mom and dad started fighting
and she wished that she could run away
and then she realized she could REALLY get away!
Get away!
Get away!
To a safe and carefree land
where people that were fighting could get a helping hand
Helping hand!
Helping hand!
Klohwii will show the way
and that's how she came

to ?ville? town? to stay!




Goldie:            Today’s the day!
                        They’re going to ask me out to play
                        My bow is green
                        My teeth are shiny
                        My favourite dress is pressed and clean
                        I’ll be queen of the playground and the
                        Kids will bow to me!
                        Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!

(consider what it is that Goldie wants from the Day- is there a lesson that she'll learn later that it's not what she looks like that determines whether people like her?  Can this be rewritten to not fall into gender stereotypes?)

Flash:               Today’s the day!
                        Things are gonna go my way
                        The slide is dry
                        The swings are free
                        There’s not a cloud out in the sky
                        I’ll be king of the playground and the
                        Kids will bow to me!
                        Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!

Jellybean (w/ girl translating)
                        Today’s the day!
                        I’m finally going to have my say
                        They’ll hear my song
                        They’ll see my dance
                        They’ll see that we can get along
                        I’ll be hero of the playground and the
                        Kids will shout HOORAY!

                        Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!  Today’s the day!
All:                  Today’s my day, Today’s my day, Today’s my day!!!!



“Sometimes I’m Mad!  I’m Bad!
I’m Dangerous to know!
The longer that I must sit here
The more I’m sure to blow!


“Look here- I’m Glad!  I’m Sad!
These feelings I can show
If I keeping faking “It’s OK”
They’re sure to let me go!


“What‘s that?!  YOU’RE Mad?  That’s TOO Bad!
I’m right you’re sure to see
When I get finished with this place
The world will belong to me!”


I'm with you/
thick or thin/
Just the two of us/
we can win

No comments:

Post a Comment