Saturday, April 22, 2017

BSA324, more gif and mood development work, 22 April, 2017


 I thought about using the old Dr. Banner line "Don't make me angry.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" from the Hulk TV show (left image).  That sets up a defiant mood and makes the girl pretty sassy, which is part of her character.  And it's a funny throwback that adults would understand.
  
But that's not the right feeling for the show when the girl is also a stand-in for the audience. And what people, children and adults, really want to know is will they still be loved and accepted when they're having a bad day.  So I've changed the line to "Will you still love me when I'm angry?"  That line change works for other emotions like being afraid, jealous and sad.  In the first version, Jellybean sort of sat "hulking" in the background, implying that when the girl gets mad she turns into a giant armadillo.  Again, funny but off point.  Now Jellybean is a behind her, supporting her, as in "I've got your back."    



I've connected colours with emotions in these mini posters- yellow for fear, green for jealousy, blue for sadness and a hot pink for anger.    I can keep associating colours and emotions in the show itself in the segments.  Following on from that, Jellybean should have spots for all the colours of the rainbow of emotions.
And here's another gif because it's SO EASY.  ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment