Monday, March 20, 2017

BSA324, Crocodile to Tuatara, 20 March, 2017

Original character design: Coco Crocodile

Updated character design: TBD Tuatara
This design holds pretty closely to both the attitude of the Croc and the anatomy of the Tuatara.  I think that sculpting it up will help me decide what aspects of it need to be exaggerated.  I need to remember that I'd like to consistently deal with all of the critters eyeballs like they do on Timmy Time!  In this world, that could mean everybody has black, shiny eyeballs with no whites showing and both eyes to the front as a character-design convention.

This tuatara needs to be pushed into the junk aesthetic.  When I had a crocodile with braces, I was going to make the whole puppet out of jewelry to simulate glittery scales. I could still do that if I play off the spikes on the tail and the pointy claws.
This teapot has a very cute belly and the feet are pretty sprightly.  
 This collection of  tarnished silver and jewelry makes me think I'm on the right track.












Teppy is a placeholder name until I figure something else out.  She's made out of an old tarnished silver teapot and a broken metal scoop-thing for her head.  A side view would show a series a few loops coming out the back of her head that used to be a handle.  Her tail is the teapot spout but swings freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment