Saturday, March 11, 2017

Animation: Using Cute to Break the Bad News, 11 March, 2017

And we're. all. gonna. DIE!  So says NPR's great 3 part series,, Humans and Germs

Another great little example of slow, puppety animation.  I'm a fan, and I'm inspired to make my own.  Maybe I could get used to 2D and Harmony again.

Part 2
Illustrated and animated by Xaver Xylophon.  What a great name!

Part 3
According to this short,  Edward Jenner deliberately infected a child with cowpox and then "took a big risk" and infected him with smallpox.  What an ASSHOLE.  That face says it all: not a hero, just a ruthless prick.  If he'd tried it on himself, I would be impressed.  Each episode gets more compositionally complex and varied, drawing you along from story to story.

Xaver Xylophon on vimeo

XX 2013 showreel-  I like it!  It's got a fun song and a selection of shots from his many projects including 2D, 3D, and stop motion animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment