Friday, March 31, 2017

BSA324, BSA326, Maya to Zbrush and back, 31 March, 2017



Much excitement!  I started with a cylinder and sculpted Jellybean's head in Maya.  It's SO GREAT to be whacking these forms out quickly.  It used to take FOREVER and this time the only problem I had was some triangles that showed up on the top of the head when I extruded the ears.  Rachel had a very good fix: remove all the edges in the top "pie piece" and connect across like so:
Once everything is ready to go, save it and export it as an .obj, then open Zbrush and import it.  
 This head has been smoothed a little bit.  There are some problems with the program, namely:
There's this "jellybean head" tool that starts spawning Jellybean's everywhere and nothing else can be edited then the mutations get saved.... it just goes on and on.  Pain in the butt.  Still, progress is being made and I can go back to sculpting in Maya and then start again later, once Rachel has done some Zbrush diagnostics.  Ooh, as soon as I get a full Jellybean done, I can start 3D PRINTING.  Much excitement!

Got a body now.  I started with a sphere because it already had enough segments and then manipulated them until they fit. I took out two back "slices" to get the shell's width right.  This belly section isn't wide enough, so I fixed it up.  I know that I can fix it in Zbrush, but it's good to practice working in Maya until Zbrush's problem is sorted out.

And shoes and hands , too!




No comments:

Post a Comment