Thursday, March 30, 2017

BSA326, Zbrush, 30 March, 2017

DEAR GOD, ALREADY LOST.

Anyway, we're learning how to UV unwrap today.
there's a way of painting the face, if you have one, to protect it so the UV unwrap doesn't put any seams down the front.  top menu bar has a Zplugin button and UV master is underneath that.    I'll need to start watching tutorials (and pixologic's youtube channel) if I'm going to get this.
Topologize the face with that brush around the eyes, nose, mouth, so blend shapes can be made in Maya later.  Zremesh it so the polygon count After the face has been protected with paint, then uvunwrapped and morphed?  I don't know, it will come out something like this which means I can paint the face without seams in the front to bother me.  I suppose later I can paint it so I can paint the back of the head without any weirdness.  Not clear on that yet.  This is a terrible blog post. It's like I'm leaving myself little breadcrumbs to follow through the digital wilderness.

want to be in high polygon while sculpting, and low polygon when going into Maya.
How did I get two heads in there?

Zbrush pipeline (saved in class folder on y drive) Knowing this makes me feel better.  I will get this.
Basic mesh from Maya (good topology, UVs, export as .obj)
dynamesh (freesculpting and getting the basic shape right, constantly able to update)
don't have to worry about where or how many polygons are in the piece and don't have to worry about edge flow
when all the parts are there and it's looking like concept art, then we Zremesh (worry about polycount and topological flow
UV Unwrap (can do in maya, or UV master and enhance in Maya)
Polygon mesh (now you can add subdivisions, add fine detailing (bumples), polypaint basic texture maps)
Extract ready for Maya (export low polygon mesh in .obj,extract texture map for further detailing in Photoshop, extract Normal map, extract Displacement Map)
Assemble in Maya 

if displacement map is too big for Targa and wants to save as tiff, you can save as tiff or change in Photoshop to 8 bit and then save as Targa
if normal map looks weird when loaded onto shape, check it out in UV editor.  It may need to be flipped over in Photoshop so it matches

No comments:

Post a Comment